GLOBE 2016 for Sustainable Business [fr]
From March 2-4, 2016 the GLOBE 2016 conference and Innovation Exposition has been a captivating forum for exploring business solutions to pressing environmental and social challenges. French Ambassador to Canada Nicolas Chapuis was invited to present the post-COP21 era.
With more than 3,000 organizations, 250 conference delegates, 600 Presidents and CEOs attending, and 50 countries represented, GLOBE 2016 offered a vast array of opportunities for entrepreneurs, investors, policy makers, and civil society leaders to push forward sustainable business.
Conference keynote adresses, a mix of armchair dialogues, roundtables, salon-style gatherings, lively debates, SPARK talks and opportunities for active participation created high-level forum for discussions on how to more effectively leverage markets and business innovation to address global challenges while creating opportunities and jobs. Access the program.
French Ambassador to Canada Nicolas Chapuis was invited to participate in the plenary on the post-COP21 to further elaborate on the implications of the Paris agreement, and the next steps to unfold after the COP21.
- Interview on CBC Early Edition with Rick Cluff, available here (in English)
- 494.7 kb
- Nicolas Chapuis in the studios of CBC Early Edition
- Interview with famous journalist and politician Kirk LaPointe at Roundhouse Radio regarding the impacts of the COP21, the implementation of a carbon tax in Canada, and the security in France aftermath the terrorist attacks last November. Podcast available (in English)
- 354.5 kb
- Nicolas Chapuis and Kirk LaPointe at Roundhouse Radio
- The Téléjournal of ICI Radio-Canada interviewed the Ambassador prior to his speech at the Canadian Club, his arguments on Canadian energy transition can be read here (in French)
- 337.2 kb
- Nicolas Chapuis interviewed by Radio-Canada at the Canadian Club
- Interview for the radio show Boulevard du Pacifique on ICI Radio-Canada. (in French)
The exposition was geared towards connecting people and companies so they could build their networks, forge partnerships, and do business. GLOBE had developped a new B2B software, GLOBE MaX, facilitating the connection between entities to conduct business.
- 354.2 kb
- The French delegation paid a visit to the company General Fusion at the Globe Expo